Sunday, October 30, 2011

Open Letter To Charles Bokowski

Mr. Bokowski I really enjoyed your poem Dinosauria We. It really describes a lot of the events happening today, which were the same events that happened in your day, history repeated itself yet again. Some people consider you to be a radical or they say your poem is just you being dramatic but I don't. I see you're poem as a glimpse into the future, a glimpse into the past, and a glimpse into human nature. Some of  your ideas are straight forward others are cleverly hidden in metaphors but you always seem to get your point across. One question I have about the poem is, what is "this"? I love that you didn't tell us exactly what "this" is in the poem but I can't help wondering. My imagination keeps running wild with ideas, trying to find something that fits the description you gave, human nature is a thought but honestly the possibilities are endless. This could be anything and thats what I love about the poem, the fact that this could be anything. This could be one thing or 10 things the reader never really knows. Mr.  Bokowski you are a brilliant man with an opinion and I thank you for sharing your opinion with me. Your words have made me and countless others looks at the world in a whole new way, trying to figure out "this".

2 comments:

  1. I like how you say that the poem is a glimpse.
    I think the purpose of Bukowski not telling us what the "this" is is making us try and figure out what the problem is, making us think more in depth and critically.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to read about Holdizzle Caulfizzle. ):

    ReplyDelete