Friday, December 16, 2011

Winter's poem

I don't like you winter
You take away my long days and short shorts and leave me in the dark with heavy coats
You take away my popsicles and freedom and give me bitterness and a jail cell instead
Really winter and you wonder why I don't like you.
Do you want to know the worst thing about you winter?
I mean do you really want to know?
It's not that you slap with your harsh wind when ever I go outside, or that you freeze my bones with just one thought of you.
It's not even that you beat me with your iron fists everyday
It's that no matter how much I scream at you and tell you to leave  you come back EVERY YEAR like clockwork
And every year you outstay your welcome
But boy are you beautiful, what a body you have
Even though you're a dungeon you drop heaven almost everyday
Even though you're cold hearted I swear you can be the nicest thing ever
You let me skate on your glassy eyes
Play in your thick white hair and brush it any way I want it.
You wrap the most beautiful city in your arms and somehow make it magic.
You breathe your cold breath on it and fog it with sweetness
I don't like you Winter.
I love you :)

2 comments:

  1. Spectacular! Even with the cons of winter, you have to take a minute to really look at it and appreciate its beauty and admit its at least a little pretty.

    Nice job, Eboni.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was great, Eboni! Love how you personified Winter. Just like a real person. It's so true, though. Winter is the heart-breaker of seasons. It is so beautiful, yet so stabbing, and cold, and...long. But it is also a wonderland, especially after a snowstorm.

    ReplyDelete