Monday, February 27, 2012

Strawberry Jam

I love this person’s memoir. It is such a sweet story, maybe that why I like it so much, I've always been a sucker for a tears jerker. This person tells her story very well. I really felt like I was getting to know her and her family, for a few brief moments I was a part of it.  Her story was very believable and understandable especially the parts where she describes her grandmothers nagging. It’s also not hard for you to  relate to the feeling she had her grandmother, I mean after a while you get tired of somebody’s nagging and with her father obviously disliking and disrespecting her grandmother it’s easy for her to do the same. I like that she took us into such a personal matter without candy coating anything and without shame. She didn’t try to make herself seem like the victim or the bad guy; she was completely honest from what I could tell. She told us what was really happening and how she felt about her, she let us into her head even when her thought weren’t very kind or appealing. Anyone could tell us what happens but very few people tell us about how they feel about what happens

No comments:

Post a Comment